- What Is Personal Information?
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
- What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
- Links to Other Websites
- What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
- What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
- Safe Harbor Compliance
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Contact Us
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
2. What Is Personal Information?
The term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual or enables others to contact an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number). It also includes other information about an individual when it is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or Service or about a group or category of services or users, from which personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
3. What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect information you voluntarily provide when you use the Site or the Service, such as when you:
- Create an account or profile or fill out a form;
- Subscribe to newsletters or other publications or services;
- Place an order, request services or technical support, or use our web applications;
- Send us an email, or provide or request information or referral services;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, promotional offers, and other activities on the Site;
- Participate in online communities or other interactive features, including when you leave comments, post content, and send messages to other users.
The information we collect may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email, address, telephone number, and mobile number.
- Financial Information, such as your bank, credit card or other account information that we may collect in order to process payments to or from you.
- Identity Information, such as your social security number or other tax ID number, or a portion thereof, your date of birth etc., which we may collect for a variety of purposes, such as to meet applicable reporting requirements or to verify your identity.
- Demographic and relationship information you choose to share, including by connecting to the Site through a social network.
This information may be collected either directly or through a third party site that you use to connect to the Site.
Passive Collection: When you use the Site or the Service, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on the Site. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
Cookies: We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Site and our Service and analyze trends and user activity. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information.
If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to block cookies, this could affect certain features on our Site and may make you unable to work on certain tasks.
Web Beacons: We may use Web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or Web bugs) or similar technology on the Site or in emails. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used to collect certain information and monitor user activity. Web beacons allow us to count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third Party Collection: Third party vendors and service providers. We may also use third parties to serve ads on the Sites may serve ads on the Site or otherwise place cookies, Web beacons or other devices or technologies on the Site or in connection with the Service. This enables them to automatically collect non-personal information about you and your visits to the Site and to other websites, your IP address, your ISP and the browser you use to visit our Site. Information collected may be used, among other things, to analyze data, to deliver content and advertising on this or other sites (including content and advertising that is targeted to your interests). Such information may also be used to determine the popularity of certain content and to better understand the usage and visitation of our Site and the other websites. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, cookies, Web beacons or similar devices or technologies placed by third parties.
Connecting through Third-Party Sites: If you create, log into your account, or otherwise access a CytoInformatics Site or Service through a third-party social networking site, such as through Facebook Connect, CytoInformatics will have access to certain information from that site.
4. How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing Service — to provide and facilitate the tasks, services, products, features or information users request or offer and to process and complete transactions.
- Communications — to contact users, to respond to emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints, and to notify and contact contest and sweepstakes entrants.
- Feedback — to request feedback and to otherwise contact users about use of the Site and the Service and about CytoInformatics tasks, products, and services.
- Analysis and Customization — to analyze and gather information regarding user needs, capabilities and suitability, to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, user behavior, preferences and performance, to personalize and improve the Site and our users’ experiences on the Site, and to provide ads, content, or features that match user profiles or interests.
- Marketing — to provide users with news and information about both our own and third party tasks, and about events, activities, offers, promotions, products, services, features and enhancements we think will be of interest to such users.
- Administrative Use — to send confirmations, updates, security alerts, administrative messages and other account or profile related information, to provide service and technical support, and to otherwise facilitate the use, administration and operation of the Site and the Service.
- Reporting — to fulfill tax, financial and legal reporting requirements.
- Other — for any other purpose for which the information was collected or which was identified at the time the information was collected.
5. What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we collect from you through this Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy, on the Site or in connection with the Service. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- Service Providers — with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) who are engaged by us in connection with the operation of the Site or the Service and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us.
- Consent — when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- Aggregated Information — in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you.
- Compliance with Law — when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities. This includes responding to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, abuse reports or infringement claims.
- Protection of CytoInformatics and Third Parties — when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CytoInformatics, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect CytoInformatics or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Site.
- Sale or Merger — in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of CytoInformatics.
- Community Features — You understand that information you post in forums, blogs, comments, listings, profiles, public or private groups, and other interactive areas of the Site or the Service may be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers, social networks or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. We encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
6. Links to Other Websites
7. What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. You are responsible for all uses of our web site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
8. What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or profiles or about our ongoing business relations.
9. Safe Harbor Compliance
CytoInformatics complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. The company has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 105 Haynes Cir. Nicholasville, KY, 40356.